Thursday 5 May 2011

CLOCKWORK

I'm currently obsessed with clocks. Translated: I wish I had more money, because then I'd buy every vintage clock from Clockwork Universe on Etsy.

Last weekend, R and I drove out of the city and into the country for a night at a cabin that my parents were renting for part of their stay. It was actually a boathouse-turned-cottage, and really quite cute. Unfortunately, I spent the majority of my time working on my last paper for the term. However, I did get to enjoy my first barbecue of the season, a lovely evening walk with the family, and a day of shopping in a nearby town. And by 'shopping' I mean mostly browsing in quaint country decor shops on the town's single main street (which by the way, I love that kind of thing).

Back to the topic of clocks, R and I spotted a retro wall clock that we both thought would be a great addition to our kitchen, so we scooped it up for just $30! Otherwise, I fell in love with a few items at a local antique store, including an antique bird cage, some old kerosene lamps, and an old wooden Coca-Cola crate, however, being an actual antique store, everything was quite pricey (although, I'm still kicking myself for not splurging on the Coca-Cola crate--it would have been a cute way to store magazines in the living room!).

I guess I'm just holding out for when R and I make our annual trip to Market Road Antiques in St. Jacob's in the next few weeks. Sigh.


Clockwise from top-left: 1/ In love with this collection of alarm
clocks. 2/ My new retro wall clock. 3/ A clean and classic-looking
wall clock. 4/ This is exactly what I need on my bedside table--I want! 

That said, I'm super excited about the lovely new addition to our kitchen, and am crushing on some other clocks to (hopefully) add to my collection--a girl can dream.

images via see me everywhere, clockwork universe, and ballard designs

No comments:

Post a Comment