Wednesday 25 May 2011

JELLY MODERN

I keep hearing that 'doughnuts are the new cupcakes', and while that's not the best news for me (as I'm in the midst of getting a cupcake business up and running), I can't help but be intrigued by what appears to be a doughnut craze.

So, what peaked my interest? None other than Jelly Modern Doughnuts. Located in Calgary, Alberta, Jelly Modern is a must-stop this summer (or next week, whenever). I've never been to the place, but I've heard great things about it--as in, I came across Jelly Modern via another blog, carefully studied its website and am in doughnut love.






Jelly Modern is the doughnut reinvented, using quality,
local ingredients to perfect sophisticated flavours.


Since I'm on the other side of the country, though, it may be a little while until I actually get to dig my teeth into some sweet doughy goodness, oozing with deliciousness.

It looks like I may have to try out some local doughnut favourites in the meantime...so what's on the menu? Apparently the simple French-inspired restaurant, Delux, has some fantastic doughnuts offered on its 'Cuban Brunch' menu. That Thobors Boulangerie Patisserie Cafe has some of the best doughnuts in the city should come as no surprise--have you seen what else they offer? Om nom nom (I'm drooling just thinking about it). Also noted for delicious doughnuts is C5 Restaurant Lounge, which offers a prune beignet with mandarin sugar and citrus glaze as part of its sophisticated dessert menu.

Which will it be first? Well, considering it's (nearly) swimsuit season, perhaps I should pace my sweets intake, but Thobors is looking extra delish.

Check out Jelly Modern on the web for more details, and if you happen to be in western Canada anytime soon, maybe stop by Jelly Modern for a doughnut--or two.

images via jelly modern

No comments:

Post a Comment