Tuesday 28 June 2011

ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON


  

The other night, I got home from class (to which I brought no food--usually I'm the queen of packed snacks and tupperware dinners) starving/famished/in need of something quick, (healthy), and delicious.

I had just picked up a fresh bunch of asparagus at the market a couple days prior, so for a quick, healthy, and delicious snack, I roasted them. And ate them. All of them.

Roasted Asparagus with Lemon

1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
juice of 1/2 lemon
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. shaved parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Adjust the oven racks, so that one rack is at the very top. Set broiler to high heat.

2. In a shallow baking pan, lay flat the asparagus spears. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil, just enough to lightly coat. Follow wihth lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

3. Broil asparagus for 7 to 10 minutes, until asparagus are just tender. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese right before serving.

Serves 2 generously.

(or 1, whatever--I was hungry)

Sadly, that was my dinner.


image via simply recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment