Monday 12 December 2011

MISO, YES

I LOVE WINTER FOR ALL THINGS SOUP.

Back in the fall, I made a chicken stock/soup and vegetarian chilli, packaged and popped them in the freezer for busy days and nights (such as now). What's so great about preparing large vats of soup/stew/anything else that freezes well and then storing it for later is that you don't have to make these things all the time. Not long ago, I ate the last of my chilli and I still have a container of soup stock in the freezer just waiting to be thawed and warmed up with some fresh pasta and chopped chicken breast.

And last night I made a giant pot of miso soup. Not just any miso soup, but this Miso Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms. It's a healthy and delicious dinner to keep you warm on those cool winter evenings! First, consider this: it's got miso, hearty shiitake mushrooms, loads of bok choy, and tofu. For flavour, there's warming ingredients like garlic and ginger, and scallions to add a little bite.

Miso Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms
adapted from

No comments:

Post a Comment