Tuesday 31 January 2012

EGG-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE

I'm no vegan, but when I found myself with a bunch of extra ripe bananas and no eggs last weekend (and with an urge to bake something), I couldn't help but dive into this recipe for egg-free, gluten-free banana bread.

I'll admit, the consistency is unlike any banana bread I've ever eaten (it's more of a bread consistency than a loaf or cake-like consistency of standard banana breads), but the taste is just like any other.


Vegan & Gluten-Free Banana Bread
recipe adapted from bcliving

1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 bananas, over ripe
1/2 cup honey
3 tbsp. olive oil or any mild tasting oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pan using oil or butter.

2. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

3. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add honey, oil, and vanilla. Mix well; the more liquid-y the better.

4. In thirds, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Do not over mix.

5. Spoon into loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment