Tuesday 14 February 2012

ON VALENTINE'S DAY







I think the sweetest things--aside from being in grade school and showing up to class with a desk full of Looney Tunes Valentine's cards and heart-shaped lollipops (this never happened to me by the way)--are simple and thoughtful gestures. What about a good ol' fashioned handwritten note or breakfast in bed? I like to just enjoy a quiet night in making dinner with my Valentine, R.

(Although, I will call my mom, because she's another Valentine of mine.)

Let's face it, pricey dinners at over-crowded restaurants and cliché gifts that wreak of cotton candy are overratedAnd like Halloween and Christmas, Valentine's Day is really just an excuse for sad wives to stuff their faces with sweets (or something like that).

Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers and non-lovers out there--may your days be filled with love and laughter!

XX

images via une deux senses, liebemarlene, emel, bump smitten, and pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment